Applying for and renewing a Free Bus Pass
Applying for or renewing your free bus pass
Renewals can be made up to six weeks before your pass expires.
Apply for or renew a free bus pass
It is the passholder’s responsibility to ensure that they apply to renew their pass in good time. If your bus pass is due to expire or has already expired, then you are able to renew using the link below. You should receive your new pass within four weeks.
Please note that if your bus pass expired over 12 months ago you will need to complete a new application using the link below.
Supporting documents and photograph for your application
Both first time applicants and those renewing their pass will need to:
- supply an email address, as we will use this to communicate with you concerning your application
- upload a passport sized photograph. You may use a scanned copy or an existing digital photograph.
- Alternatively take a photo using a smartphone or tablet
First time applicants may also need
- to provide your National Insurance number
- to upload a scanned copy or photograph of your eligibility documents (if applicable to your application)
- to upload a scanned copy or photograph of your proof of age
- to upload a scanned copy of your proof of address within Peterborough
Those who are renewing their pass may need to upload electronic proof of address if you have moved recently.
If you are renewing your pass and meet the disability criteria then you may need to upload a scanned copy or photograph of your eligibility documents.
Please see the photo guidance for your photograph. This is important as it will be used to print your pass. Your application may be delayed if your photograph is not suitable.
If you are eligible for a free pass and have submitted a suitable photograph and relevant documents, you will receive your pass within 28 days.
If you have any problems using the online form, please telephone 01733 747474. This is a standard landline phone number.
Click here to apply for a free buss pass in Peterborough
If your issuing office is not Peterborough or Cambridgeshire you should contact the local authority responsible for issuing passes to your home address.”
Getting help with your application
For help renewing and getting a bus pass, assisted application is now available again subject to Covid -19 safe guidelines
Please ask at your local library, you may need to make an appointment or call 0345 045 5225.
Plan your Journey