Find out details of bus operators and timetables for bus routes being withdrawn by Stagecoach East from October 30 here
To read the timetables only here
Bus operators across the county are working hard to make sure that the services they operate reflect the need and demand of users during the current national restrictions, whilst adhering to the latest Government regulations regarding Coronavirus. Before you travel, please check with the bus operators directly so you have the most up to date information.
You can plan journeys across the bus network using our journey planner.
If you know the number of the bus route you want, fully detailed bus timetables are available from the Traveline website. Your chosen timetable will be generated as a PDF that downloads to your screen.
Information about school bus services can be found here.
Local Bus Companies
- Whippet Coaches
- Delaine Buses
- First Bus
- Demand Responsive Transport
- A2B Travel Group
- Dews Coaches
Real Time Bus Information
Check Real Time Bus Information
What is real time bus information?
The bus is fitted with a tracking device in order for the Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) system to know where it is. The system calculates how long it will take to arrive at each of the stops along the bus’s route. Using satellite technology the system then communicates the bus information to a display at the bus stop. The display shows when the bus is due to arrive. The displayed information is shown either in real time or timetable time, for example 6 mins or 11:06.
What is displayed on the screen?
The display alternates between two screens. The first screen shows the bus numbers and the destinations. The second screen displays the bus numbers and the predicted arrival time in minutes. When a bus is expected to arrive in less than two minutes the screen displays “due”. The display will also show timetable times for those buses that haven’t yet been fitted with the tracking device.
How does it help me?
As the system can track each bus location exactly, it can tell whether the bus is running on time, early or late. This information is then displayed on the screen at the bus stop. It also gives the operator chance to make dynamic changes to the bus whilst on route.
My Bus Trip app
The My Bus Trip app provides passengers with free direct access to real time bus information via their mobile phones and includes:
- real time bus location – displays a map with bus stops and shows real time locations of buses
- real time route map – displays service routes on the map
- nearby stops and services – gives access to bus stop and service information related to a location. The location is either set automatically (detected by GPS) or specified on the map by a Drop Pin
- bus operator – displays the operator name, service and destination for the selected bus
- detailed journey information – provides full information about a journey including where the service stops, the distance of stops from your current location, bus due time, predicted departure time and scheduled departure time
Download My Bus Trip app
Plan your Journey